Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday Update

It was a much quieter day than yesterday, but progress continued on the renovations.  First thing to be done was the removal of the formwork on the top of the new stairs structure and also the top of the window-well wall.


The concrete top of the window-well wall
Luis patching up after the formwork was removed from the top of the stairs
Johnny operates the "beeg machine" to get Luis to the top of the stairs structure
This will be the outside entrance to my 'dungeon'


There is a nice little storage area under the stairs, which was plastered today.  It was too dark to get a decent picture of it this evening, so I'll get a shot of it tomorrow.  The closet in the downstairs bedroom was also plastered and turned out great.


Downstairs bedroom closet


Here's the 3 inch PVC pipe that we installed last night.  We just have to add the final sections to either end of the pipe and can then feed my ham radio antenna cables through it.


The longest section of PVC pipe
The PVC pipe leading to my radio room


The electrician arrived this evening and ran more conduit to various locations in the "dungeon."  We determined where the electrical outlets will be situated in my radio room and marked them out within the wall frames for later installation.  I decided to place the outlets above my desk for easier access from the radio equipment.  After years of having to crawl under the desk to plug or unplug the equipment, I figured it would be easier to just reach across the desk from now on.  A few other outlet boxes were put in place in the radio room, which will be wired up next week.


Be sure to look for tomorrow's report!

2 comments:

  1. Last 2 days are looking good man! Don't see any coax in that PVC yet...... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just waiting for one of my rich friends to be me some new coax cable - only need about 300 feet or so!

    ReplyDelete