Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Already tired of painting!

I can't believe how long it takes to paint one room.  Initially, I figured I could knock out two rooms in a day - right!  I'm lucky to get one done in a day.  Painting with a roller is fairly easy and quick, but all the cutting around the corners and lights and light fixtures is what takes up so much time.


I finished painting the office by 1pm, then stopped for a few minutes to have a sandwich and a cool drink.  After that quick break, I started putting primer on the walls in the stairway.  Once again, cutting around the door and corners and steps took the rest of the afternoon - and that part isn't done yet.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day....


Johnny, Chris and Tony were here for the morning, before heading back to the new hospital project for the rest of the day.  Chris and Tony got back to building the walls for the master bedroom/bathroom, while Johnny continued working on the new plumbing.
Tony and Chris work on the master bedroom and bathroom walls
The front wall is now at the maximum 11 block height
The master bathroom walls begin to take shape
Johnny cuts through the concrete floor
Water pipe for the new laundry room


Later in the afternoon, I heard some noise on the roof above me, while I was painting in the stairway.  Did Santa finally figure out he forgot to visit our house, this past Christmas?  A young man, by the name of Jeremy, stopped by to begin painting the new section of roof.  Previously, it had been cement washed to seal it up, so now it has to have about 4 coats of roof paint to preserve it.
Jeremy paints around the edges of the new roof


Troy arrived around 5:30pm, which gave me a good excuse to stop painting.  We pulled more wires to control the lights in the stairway and on the outside wall, plus ran wires to the remaining outlet boxes in the office.


While we were sorting through a network of wires, the guy who built the stair railing showed up to work on the center section of railing, which had turned out to be not quite right in its initial measurement.  He'll be back at the end of the afternoon, tomorrow, to fix the problem.  He needs to weld on a couple of extra pieces to make it fit correctly.


Jason contacted the tiler, this afternoon, and tiling is supposed to begin in the radio room on Friday.  The office will be tiled next, followed by the stairs.  Hopefully, I can start transferring all my stuff to the new rooms on Sunday and continue throughout next week, until everything has been moved over.


At some point soon, I need to build a large storage closet in the radio room to contain all the things that I can't seem to convince myself to get rid of!  In the meantime, I'll have to live with the stuff on the floor for awhile.


That's it for now.  Gotta get upstairs and get some rest....

No comments:

Post a Comment