Friday, April 20, 2012

Should be an early night

I got started on the painting very early in the morning and, thankfully, it didn't take too long.  After that, I started to move things over to the new rooms, as planned, and got quite a bit done.  I had to stop a couple of times to empty the boxes and find a home for the various items, so I wouldn't clog up the office too much.  It is pretty clogged up already, though!  After a very tiring week, I've decided to give it a rest for tonight and get back to it in the morning.

Since the guys weren't here today, there are no pictures with this blog entry.  I really don't know if they plan to work tomorrow, but I'll get up at the usual early time and open the downstairs door for them, just in case they decide they miss us!

I'm going to do my best to get everything transferred over before Monday, but I can't promise that will be the case.  I need to have an Internet cable installed in the office before I can completely move in and am not sure if that will be ready before Monday.  So, we'll see what happens.

This post is a bit boring without any pictures. Well, I did take a couple of pictures today, so guess I'll add them to spruce things up a bit!  I took a picture of the concrete kitchen floor that had been poured, yesterday, but it really doesn't show how nice the floor actually turned out.
The foot prints and early morning shadows make it look a bit rough, but it's actually nice and smooth

I also took a couple of pictures of the storage area under the stairs, right after I finished painting in there.  The first picture, which shows the highest part of the storage area, came out fine.  But, the second picture was a bit funky, mainly because I had the light bulb turned on and the camera did its own thing.
This area is very high and has quite a bit of front-to-back depth
This area is pretty low - there's no way to stand up straight under where the light is located

One more picture.  After I took the daily picture for my Bermuda Weather website, I decided to take a picture of the machine, which is parked in our back yard.  It will be used to level off the yard and get things back to normal again.
I wonder if they'll let me keep it!

That's all I got.  Check back tomorrow night, just in case I might have something to update then.

No comments:

Post a Comment