Monday, April 2, 2012

The nasty weather is back

It rained quite a bit, last night, and the winds began to strengthen as well.  This morning, it was mostly cloudy and windy, then it was partly cloudy with more wind, then it got mostly cloudy again and the wind kept getting stronger and then it became overcast, wet and the wind REALLY started to blow!  Should be a stormy night, but perhaps things will look better in the morning.


Yesterday, I finished clearing out the old radio room and I don't know how I managed to get all that stuff in this room, but I did.  Now, I have to walk from my desk to the doors slowly and sideways!


And there's still more stuff to the right of this picture!


John Sr., Johnny, Chris and Tony showed up early and got right to work.  John Sr. and Chris started to take the ceiling down in the old radio room, Johnny worked on clearing the garage and doing more jack hammering around the edges, while Tony plastered in the new office room and then in the entrance to the downstairs area.


Things were pretty hectic, so I quickly snapped a couple of photos, then got out of everyone's way.  Around that time, I had a call from my mate, Tony, asking me to join him for a game of golf.  He had promised me a game for my 60th birthday, back in December, but my leg has been bothering me for awhile and I never took him up on his offer.  I gave him a few reasons why I couldn't play today, but he wouldn't take no for an answer and we were teeing off at Ocean View Golf Course at 10am.


I haven't played in over a year, so wasn't expecting to be invited to The Masters after today's game!  Because of my leg, I thought I'd only be able to play 9 holes, but we ended up playing 27 holes.  In the good old days, we probably would have played about 72 holes since the price was the same for 9 or 90 holes, but I thought it best to call it a day when we had gone around the course three times.  Thankfully, my leg was none the worse for wear, so that gave me some hope.


Anyhow, back to the renovations.....  By the time I got home, only Chris and Tony were here and working in the old radio room.  They had removed the previous ceiling and built up the walls by one block in height.  At the end of the day, the framework for the ceiling had been constructed and is now ready to have the ceiling installed.  Troy is down there right now, putting up light fixtures and running conduit.  He should have his part done by tomorrow night and then the ceiling can be put in place.


Chris takes down the ceiling in the old radio room
Johnny clears out the garage
The entrance to the "dungeon" is plastered
Chris and Tony check wall levels before building the ceiling framework
The new ceiling framework is completed




I'm not sure what the plan is for tomorrow, so you'll just have to check the blog post to find out what happens!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 3 games! Good for you mate. Was the wind bad on the course as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know why we got the rain and wind - 3 rounds of golf!!! :) Glad to hear you are back on course, Glen :)

    ReplyDelete