Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The painter is on strike!

Well, at least for today.  I had been awake since 3:30am and just didn't feel like painting, this morning.  Have to get back to it tomorrow, though.


Instead, I decided to scrape the original outside wall, which is now in the new stairway, before I apply the primer.  I scraped what I could reach and have to see if I can locate a scraper with a long handle.  The ladder will help me get to a couple of high spots, but not where the individual steps are.
A tedious, but necessary task


The guys all showed up, this morning, but John Sr. and Chris soon left to work on the new hospital project for the rest of the day.  Johnny spent most of the day working on the plumbing for the apartment bathroom and Tony continued building the master bathroom and closet walls.
John Sr. determines the master bed and bath ceiling height
Johnny measures for the apartment bathroom sink fixtures
Tony builds the master bathroom walls
The master bathroom walls are now at the maximum 11 block height


Troy was back here at 5:30pm to work on the light switches in the radio room, office and stairway.  After we pulled some additional wires, Troy went to work on the switches and I installed some of the electrical outlet plates.
Troy works on the office light switch


While we were dealing with the switches, Greg Talbot arrived to work on the center section of railing in the stairway.  He had to weld on a couple of additional pieces to eventually join the center section to the other two sections that had previously been installed.
It was like the 4th of July in the stairway tonight!


Jeremy returned, this afternoon, to finish painting the new roof.  Just in time, too, because it's raining as type this post, so the rain water that's collected on that section of roof will be nice and pure when it gets in the tank.
Jeremy applies the final coat of roof paint


It's nearly 11pm and I need to try and catch up on the sleep that I didn't get last night.  Hopefully, I'll awake with plenty of energy to continue painting downstairs.  I'm going to give the office one more coat, then get back to priming the stairs area.  The girls actually decided that they like the color of my radio room and office now, so have said it's okay to keep the same color in the stairway.  No wonder it's raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment