Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Moving day!

Since the tiling was finished in the radio room, the office and the stairway, I was able to start moving my stuff over first thing this morning.  It was a slow, but steady, process and I got a fair amount transferred over today.


I started with the radio room and tried to set things in place as I went along.  Once I got some of the main radio equipment in the room, I began to just take boxes of miscellaneous items over and stacked them in the office for now.


Near the end of the afternoon, Kari decided to help and didn't cut me any slack!  I was getting pretty tired by then, but she wouldn't let me ease up at all.  Finally, after putting 3 book shelves in the room, I called it quits for the day.  I now need to empty some of the boxes and stack things on the book shelves to get things off the floor.


I thought I'd start doing that tomorrow morning, but first I have to focus on painting the storage area under the stairs, so I can put back all the stuff that the tiler moved from there in order to get his work done.  I'll need a vacation after this week is over!
The radio room after the tiling was completed
Some of the radio equipment is already set up and working


The guys were here all day and got a number of things accomplished.  The remaining form work for Thursday's concrete pour was first on the agenda.  John Sr., Chris and Tony worked on that, while Johnny brought the machine to the back yard and began to fill the gap between the yard and the master bedroom building with rubble and soil.
John Sr., Chris and Tony build the form work along the back wall of the master bedroom
Tony secures the form work as Chris monitors the levels
Chris builds the frame work along the front wall of the master bedroom
Johnny moves the rubble in the back yard
Filling the gap with rubble
The gap is filled along the back wall of the master bedroom

Johnny moved down to the new kitchen area and continued work on the various PVC pipes.  First, he had to replace the pipe leading from the roof to the water tank below.  Then, he built up the fittings for the kitchen sink.
Johnny measures the length for the water pipe from the roof to the tank
Johnny glues a PVC coupling to connect the pipes
The pipe fittings for the kitchen sink are installed


Once the form work was built, Tony went below and removed the remaining window in the garage, then replaced it with block.
Tony cuts out the garage window
The window is replaced with block


Troy arrived at the usual time and continued the electrical work above the master bedroom.  When it got dark, he went to work in the new kitchen area, laying out the PVC electrical pipes for the various outlets required for that room.
Troy works on one of the light fixtures for the master bedroom
Troy lays out the PVC electrical pipe for the new kitchen
Troy puts a piece of PVC electrical pipe in place


It's 10:25pm and I need to go outside and check to see how Troy's doing.  He's working hard to get everything ready before the concrete pour takes place.  I forgot to mention that the kitchen floor is also going to be poured on Thursday, so make a note to check back later that night to see the results.

1 comment: