Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Who invented painting?

We need to get rid of him or her!  I spent another afternoon of painting, this time in the storage area under the stairs, and I'm still not done.  Of course, now that the floors have been tiled, I had to take my time and make sure not to spill any paint on the tile.  Plus, I had to climb almost all the way up on the ladder, at the highest section of the storage area, and try to paint without falling off.  Anyway, I did all the cutting and priming today, so I'll get the roller out in the morning and paint the walls.  AND, I still have to finish the stairway, both priming and painting, at some point!


The guys were not scheduled to be here today, but after I got back from buying some more paint in the morning, I heard the melodious tone of a mini jack hammer in the garage.  There was Tony, cutting out grooves in the wall for the electrical outlet boxes to be installed.
Tony cuts grooves in the walls for the electrical outlet boxes


Around noon, I discovered Chris had arrived after having some root canal work done.  That's almost as painful as painting!  He and Tony stayed for a couple more hours and, later, I saw that they had cut out part of the entrance which will lead from the kitchen to the master bedroom
Part of the entrance from the kitchen to the master bedroom has been cut out


I didn't take any pictures of the paint work, since I didn't want to revisit the scene of the crime so soon!  I'll wait until it's finished, before I put back all the things that were stored in there, initially, until the tiler moved them out to do his work.


Tomorrow will be an exciting day.  The cement trucks should arrive fairly early and start pouring the top slab for the master bedroom, then the floor for the kitchen.  After I finish the painting, I'll continue moving things over to the new rooms again, so will keep an eye on the cats to make sure they stay off the fresh concrete.


That's it for now.  Be sure to check back here, tomorrow night, after I've had a chance to post pictures, etc., from the concrete pours.

No comments:

Post a Comment