Sunday, April 29, 2012

Another step closer

This post is a combination of Friday and Saturday activities.  After all the moving, etc., I just didn't have the energy to post until today.

Friday was relatively quiet, with just Chris and Tony here for the day.  They removed the frame work for the various lintels, built and filled the previous day, and installed window frames for the kitchen and master bedroom.
Master bedroom window frames installed
Kitchen window frame installed

I continued to move a few more things over to the new rooms, but decided to try and organize some of the stuff I had already taken over in order to make more space available.

Saturday was supposed to be quiet around here, but it wasn't long before I heard the sound of the Bobcat in the yard.  I went outside to find Johnny moving the large cement mixer from the back of the driveway to the front parking area.  When I finally realized the guys were here to actually work for awhile, I went in to get the camera and snap some shots of the action.

The plan was to sort out the back yard, which meant Johnny needed to fill in the empty space along the outside of the master bedroom and build a new pathway.  It was interesting to see how he did it, starting from the back of the driveway and up to the back yard, filling in the empty space and building the pathway as he went along.
Johnny moves some of the block to the side of the driveway
Johnny moves more block to the front parking area
Johnny starts to create a new pathway to the back yard
Ryan and Johnny fill the empty space along the side of the master bedroom
Ryan fills the side of the pathway with soil
Johnny brings more soil and rubble to the back yard
Johnny distributes the rubble and soil in the back yard
Johnny continues to re-shape the back yard area
The back yard is level, once again
The new pathway to the back yard, alongside the master bedroom

While this work was going on outside, Tony was busy plastering around the window and door frames in the kitchen and master bedroom/bathroom areas.  The guys finished up shortly after 1pm, then I went back downstairs to play with all the boxes in the office.  When the phone rang upstairs and I had to run up the steps to answer it, I knew I needed to install the phone system in the office immediately, so that's what I did.  I cut and joined various wires together and, luckily, it worked the first time!

I'll get back to moving more stuff, this afternoon, and will find out what the plan is for the day, tomorrow morning.  Isn't Sunday supposed to be a day of rest, though?  Hmmmmm.......

1 comment: