Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Officially in the office

Now that I'm sitting at my desk, with the computers hooked back up and the Internet still working, I guess I'm finally in the new office.  But, with all the boxes piled up in both rooms, it's like I never left the previous room!

I still have more stuff to move over and I have no idea where the rest can go.  My family will say it needs to go to the dump, but that ain't happening!  As soon as the other stuff is removed completely, I'll just have to focus on finding a suitable place for everything and get these two rooms back to looking nice again.

Today, I was reminded just how heavy the Mac and the Dell computers really are.  And, it took many trips back and forth to get all the electronic equipment into the office.  But, it's all set up and working.  I even got the Internet back online very easily, along with the wireless signal being generated upstairs as before.  The only problem is that I have a mile of cable on the floor and will have to wait until it can be cut and fitted with new connectors.  Then, I have to create a couple of junction boxes and run the cables to other points in the house upstairs.

It's time to close up shop down here and head upstairs for the night.  Tomorrow will be yet another busy day for me, continuing the moving process.  I should have had the guys build me a warehouse to store all this junk!

No comments:

Post a Comment