Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

A quick post for today, since it was too late to post last night.  The mudders arrived, yesterday morning, and finished all their work in the "dungeon" rooms.  Since they did my section first, I was able to get to the radio room to begin painting, around 10:30am.


First, I had to clear everything out of there, which was mostly tools belonging to the construction team.  The bench saw was too big and bulky to get out of the room, so I just left it in there and worked around it.  Then, I had to sweep up all the dust from the work that had been done in there during the past few weeks and, finally, prepare the walls for painting.


I primed the ceiling and the walls, then did it again before putting a couple of coats of paint on.  I didn't finish the job until 9:45pm and went upstairs to have my dinner and get to bed about an hour later.  I decided to wait until this morning to take a picture of the painted room, since I was planning to get on the ham radio from the new room for the Bermuda Net.


Ready to speak with my mates on the Bermuda Net


It's difficult to see the actual color from the above picture, but just think of chocolate milk.  That's a pretty good way to describe it.


After the Bermuda Net was over, I dragged all that stuff back upstairs so the room is now ready for the tiler.  Before any tiling can be done, however, I need to paint the office the same color, which I plan to do tomorrow.  It's a bigger room, but I hope I can finish much earlier than last night.


Since I'll be painting all day, there may not be quite as many pictures as usual, but I'll try to keep up with the construction crew as much as possible.  Be sure to check out tomorrow's blog.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good bud! Just posted my shack as well. New shacks for everyone! ;-)

    ReplyDelete