Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday morning

Looks to be a quiet day around here.  One of the mudders is here and already working in the radio room.  He tells me I should be able to start painting in there later this morning.  Now, I just have to find my 'get up and go' because today I feel like it 'got up and went!'


Yesterday morning, Troy stopped by at around 8:30am and we got busy pulling wires into the various outlets in the radio room.  One of the pulls was a bit tough, with Troy pushing the wires in from the kitchen and me pulling them in from the radio room below.  But, we eventually got them through.


As Troy attached the wires to plugs and installed them into the outlet boxes, I ran the snake through a couple other flex conduits in order to get a pull wire in place so I can pull the Internet cable through when I'm ready.


We finished just after noon and I went upstairs to cook up some fish cakes, since it was Good Friday... and they tasted sumkinda good!


It's 8:30am now and the other mudder has just arrived.  The plan is to finish all the "dungeon" rooms this morning and they'll be out of here.  The two of them work quickly, so I'm sure they'll accomplish the task easily.


In Thursday's blog, I mentioned how Troy climbed up through a small opening in the wall under the new stairs in order to connect some flex conduit to the upstairs sun room.  I really should have had my camera ready to snap a shot of his legs hanging out, as he climbed in, but was too busy laughing at the time.  So, I took a picture of the opening, yesterday morning, to give everyone an idea of just how little room there is to get in through that space.


The infamous hole in the wall - up at the  top left, where the water pipe is


Maybe I shouldn't have laughed at Troy, because I also still have to climb the ladder in order to paint that area, while I'm painting the stairway.  Who's idea was all this renovation stuff?  I thought all us old people are supposed to get lots of rest and not have to work so hard!


Hopefully, I'll finish painting the radio room and office today.  A couple more fish cakes for lunch might help give me energy.... or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment