Friday, April 13, 2012

Yesterday's news

Troy and I didn't finish all the electrical work until 10:45pm, last night (Thursday), and then I still had to have dinner. So, no time to do a blog entry until now.


I had to run a few errands in the morning and, when I returned, the guys had set up some great staging at the top of the stairway, which would allow me to paint the entire area.  I had to be a bit careful as there were a couple of gaps, but it was no problem.  I took my time when moving the ladder and myself around up there.


The first thing that needed to be done was to scrape the walls from the original outside of the house and then prepare everything for painting.  I managed to prime the upper section of the stairway before the end of the afternoon and now just need to put two coats of paint on the walls tomorrow (Saturday).


Later, when Troy arrived, he was able to install a hanging light fixture and a smoke detector on the ceiling.  We had a bit of difficulty getting the light switches to coordinate from the bottom of the stairway to the top, but finally figured it out and got everything working.
The great staging at the top of the stairway
The area is primed and the light fixture has been hung


The guys began removing one of the windows in the garage, as well as the window in Jason's "man cave."  The garage window area will become the entrance from the kitchen to the master bedroom.  As you'll see below, the bedroom closet wall takes up some of that window space, so more of the garage wall has to be cut out to get the doorway in the proper position, according to the approved plans.
Chris cuts around the window frame
Window frame removed and bedroom closet wall completed
Tony builds form work for the new window in Jason's "man cave"


While I was painting, Chris and Tony built the form work for the lintels over each of the windows and a French Door in the master bedroom.
Form work for lintels over bedroom windows


Johnny continued to work on the plumbing pipes in the garage and they are all now just about complete.  The garage area will eventually become the kitchen, a bathroom and a laundry room.  Hence, all the water piping.  Johnny now needs to add the piping at the forefront of the picture, below, to run up to the kitchen sink..
The main water pipes head out toward the side of the house


Because I was busy painting, I didn't get very many pictures of the guys at work.  But, as you'll see in the next post, there's plenty of pictures to catch all of Friday's action.

No comments:

Post a Comment