Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another good day

Everyone got busy with a couple of different things, this morning, while I continued moving my stuff over to the new rooms.  Chris, Tony and Ryan worked on the walls of the master bedroom and kitchen, and Johnny did some more plumbing work, then came over to my side of the house to caulk the outside door and windows in the stairway.  Some temporary staging had to be set up to get access to the upper windows again.


The guys had just gotten another section of the staging set up, when they heard me grunting as I carried a table down the outside steps.  Just as I got to the bottom of the steps, Chris came running down and asked me what I thought I was doing, then grabbed the table from me.  Well, at least I was able to carry it from the den, around the front yard and down the steps before I got a lecture!
Tony plasters the outside back wall of the master bedroom


After lunch, Chris and Tony remained, but Johnny and Ryan went to the new hospital project for the remainder of the day.  Chris returned to the stairway and touched up the paint around the windows, before removing the staging.
Chris touches up the paint around the front stairway window


Tony continued to build the outside wall of the kitchen and now all that's left to do is put some form work in place for the supporting lintel over the window area and upper sides of the wall.
Tony builds the outside kitchen wall
Only the supporting lintel remains to be built


Later in the afternoon, Chris and Tony concentrated on removing the support beams and upper plywood frame work in the master bedroom.  Some folks asked if the plywood was going to be taken down after the concrete pour and now we have the answer!
Chris and Tony remove the support beams and plywood in the master bedroom
All the support beams and plywood have been removed


Should be another productive day, tomorrow.  My guess is that the guys may start on the plastering, but we'll wait until the morning for John Sr. to designate the plan of action.  I wish I could say I didn't have to do any more moving to do, but there are still several items that have to make their way over to the new rooms.  At least the guys should be too busy to see what I'm lifting and there should be no lectures coming my way - unless Kari happens to catch me!

No comments:

Post a Comment