Thursday, March 22, 2012

They fooled me!

Three guys showed up this morning and two of them stayed the entire day.  Johnny was getting ready to go away, but needed to get a temporary water pipe in place to test the plumbing connections for the new master bathroom.  He and Luis had to dig out in the back yard again to locate the water pipe in order to make a joint and carry it down to the additional location.


Johnny and Luis searching for the main water pipe
Johnny makes up a connection to join the extension pipe to the main water pipe
Johnny makes the connection to the master bathroom pipes
The finished temporary water connection pipe tied in to the master bathroom pipes


Tony and Luis spent the rest of the day playing sweet tunes on the.... jack hammer!  It's 8:45pm right now and I still have a distinct ringing in my ears.  But, they managed to get a lot of the work done and there should only be another day or so to finish the rest.


Tony jack hammers at the back of the garage
The machine is brought in to clear some of the rubble
Johnny at the controls
Clearing away some of the rubble
Tony and Luis start on the next section
The end of day result


During the afternoon, Jason and Tina's kitchen cabinets were delivered and had to be put in the room with me.  When I saw the truck arrive, I didn't think we'd get all those boxes in here, but I had cleared some extra space this morning, so it worked out okay.  Now, I don't have much room to move in here and the boxes have that "stored up smell" to them, so I have to just grin and bear it for awhile longer.  Oh, and Jason just told me the windows are arriving first thing tomorrow morning and I have to try and fit those in here as well!


There are also 3 large boxes to the right of this picture - where am I supposed to fit the windows?


Troy is outside, again tonight, putting in the final electrical points in the new master bedroom/bathroom area, before the concrete slab gets poured.  It's a little cooler than it was last night, so I hope he won't be out there too long.


Everyone should be on site in the morning and I think the wall board in the radio room will be put up on the walls and the ceiling should be put up in the office.  Of course, I won't be surprised to hear those melodic tones from the jack hammer again!

1 comment:

  1. oh wow, what a busy day. I'm surprised some of those boxes made it into the room - ouch! Did you notice the tractors roof is hitting the top of the garage? ;-)

    ReplyDelete