Sunday, March 11, 2012

A very productive Sunday afternoon

The day started out mostly cloudy, but by the afternoon it was nice, which meant the roofing carpenters could do their thing.  By 1pm, the banging started as they broke through the sides of the original roof in order to tie the new roof into it.


I decided not to take any pictures until the majority of the roof was constructed.  While that was being done, I went back down into the "dungeon" and put another coat of primer on all three window openings.  After that, I climbed up on some staging and dug into an adjoining wall to allow for electrical conduit extensions.  It was a little tough, only because I had to hold the mini kango hammer above my head the entire time, but I got it finished and then put the conduit in place for the electrician.


Just need couplings to complete the extensions




Once I had completed my work, I went outside to see how the roof construction was coming along.  The guys had gotten quite a bit done by then and were finished the job by around 5pm.


Nailing the pieces of lumber together
Working at the back section of the roof frame
Looking through the front window opening
Looking up from the bottom of the stairs after the roof frame was finished
The front section of the roof frame
A side view of the roof frame
The roof frame ties in with the existing roof




I'm hoping the slate will be put on the roof frame, tomorrow, in order to keep any rain from getting into the main house while the renovations continue.  So far, the weather outlook is pretty good for this coming week and things should move along nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment